12.18.2011

That Just Happened People!

Should you find yourself reading this you are probably one of those who I have subjected to my long and horrible rant about how much I hate computers. The other week, my arch nemesis (a.k.a. my HP Pavilion DV 9000, a.k.a. the bane of my existence, a.k.a. satan incarnate) decided to zonk out. The lights on the board would come on and the fan would turn on and then it would turn off and start all over again. So what did your intrepid hero do? (After pitching a fit and swearing off computers forever) I went to another computer, researched the symptoms, found out that it was a motherboard gone south, found a new motherboard from the internet, and (against my better judgment) dismantled my laptop and replaced the motherboard.  AND IT WORKED! That's right, I (mister manual typewriter) fixed a computer....and I still hate it.

1 comment: