12.23.2011

Christmas Magic

Dear Whoever I Had to Steal the Nativity Figures From:
   
      Please forgive me for taking your light-up nativity scene from your yard. I had planned this Christmas display last year and I ordered my own light-up Holy Family several weeks ago. However, after sourcing a suitable Volkswagen Bus, transporting it to my yard, and getting all the lights I needed FedEx lost the package containing my nativity scene. With frustration mounting and nowhere else to turn I borrowed your yard decorations. They will be returned to you after the holiday. Thank you for your contribution to this holiday tradition. You have provided joy for many (mostly just me).

Sincerely,
The guy who puts decorated VW's on his lawn for Christmas.





Really, I think this is the most magic I've been able to muster for any Christmas to-date. Is that rotting 1977 Volkswagen Transporter on your lawn?  Yes. Is that the Holy Family you kidnapped? Yes. Are those old milk jugs or luminaries? Yes.

Should you feel your Christmas just wouldn't be complete without seeing this vision in person, just follow the star.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Hanna Caldwell said...

I'm loving this! Did you really steal/borrow these though? lol...totally worth it if you did!

Megs said...

10 points for Gryffindor!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Love the front yard display! I am curious what you will do next year. Can't wait to read more about your holiday adventures...