10.27.2011

Things I have a Severe Soft Spot for

This is by no means a comprehensive list. I just need to air some of these. I wish that I had at least one good reason for liking any of these items as much as I do, but I don't. Don't judge me:

Gas Station hot Dogs-


The longer that a hot dog has been on one of these roller grills the better it is. I don't go for any of the other stuff, like the jalapeno cheddar dog or bahama mamas. Just the good old beef dog that has been quietly waiting for me all day. Mmmmmmm

Mariachi Bands-



Yes people, that just happened. I'll pause while you regain your composure. ----------------  I don't care what they're playing or where I find them, but a live mariachi band is something not to be missed. (stay tuned for the report on the planned trip to Baha)


Station Wagons-


I have no idea why I love these. Some of you might find this soft spot particularly odd as you know me to purchase and drive Volkswagens almost exclusively. Once again, I can't explain it, it just is like the phases of the moon and the changing of the tide. My parents recently bought one of these:


I love it. Granted, as cars go this one has some glaring deficiencies. The interior rattles, the finishes feel cheap, the seats are insufferable, and did I mention I love it.  L-O-V-E   I-T!

Really Odd Music Videos-

Is it black and white? -Check
Does it have two hags of questionable gender cackling and rolling tires down the road? -Check
Mariachi Band? -Double Check

I can't resist, just one more-

2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Love it! I would love to read more of these posts. By the way, I am glad you got your corned beef and cabbage at Grandma's. Next time I'll have to buy some and freeze it before you come and then see how it turns out. Can't wait to read about Baha.... OH, and Happy Nevada Day on Monday!

Elisa said...

This list is a delight.