6.11.2009

So, is that your brother?

The caption to this picture in the Ely Times reads, "Ely optometrist Kent Robertson has an understandable edge in selecting his protective eye gear for this weekend’s Fears, Tears and Beers Mountain Bike Race in Ely." I just thought it was funny. Yes, this is a 48 old (today in-fact), father of five, LDS Bishop, and local eye doctor. (incidently his father also rides mountain bikes) He may act like a 16 year old--even in matters where he shouldn't be--but he's my dad and I wouldn't have him any other way--most of the time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

1 comment:

KRob said...

Thanks for the well wishes and the Anamaniacs DVD. You seem to know my true age too well.

Yes, it does seem odd that a mormon bishop would be promoting the Fears Tears and Beers MTB Enduro.

The race went well although about an hour into in all heck broke loose and it rained and hailed and blew and was cold and muddy. One thing a fellow rider said to me at one of the checkpoints sums it up pretty well. "I guess a little unpleasantness never hurt anyone...... I may drop a few F-bombs while I'm going through it though".

In the end no one died of hypothermia (although I think Tyler and Aaron, Annelise's brother-in-law, came close) and I ended up taking second Expert.

No bad for an old man I guess.