1.13.2008

"That's a nice tiger,...he looks proud."


This month's meeting of the WVVW Club (Wasatch Vintage Volkswagen) was a little sparse, but well attended considering it had snowed 4-6 in. and the temperature was hovering somewhere around 20 degrees. I think there was a total of 6 cars. The owner of that recently, perfectly restored '64 double cab (a.k.a. the white truck) braved the moisture and salt to show off his new toy. I actually won $5.00 because of the snow that day. I pulled my car into a particularly snow clogged parking spot. When I got out the kid who pulled in next to me told me that I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting back out of that spot. I thanked him but I replied that I wasn't going to have any trouble getting out. He bet me $5.00 and I took him up on it. I then collected my $5.00 and told him that they use VW bugs in Antarctica. You just can't beat a VW bug. I haven't been in the club for too long, but I've been going to their monthly meetings off and on since 2002. It's always nice to get together once in awhile with some people who have a similar complex as you. After all, isn't that what clubs are all about.

No comments: