1.23.2014

Hmmph...

Seems like have had a few posts in mind over the last month, but true to form I can't seem to remember what they were about. It's time for a few updates though (possibly some opinions).

Back in September I bought another house.

It's currently being renovated.... by me, and I'll be honest nothing is "currently" happening. It's on the terrace directly across the street from my grandparents. Pictures of renovation to follow (if I ever get started).

I survived the holidays. I spent Thanksgiving in Oregon at my sisters. It was fun. We did a few things including the food trucks in Portland, a bookstore, the zoo and the Evergreen Air Museum.


This is the Spruce Goose. It was a cool museum. We left Oregon by way of the Columbia River Gorge. Everything was beautiful,.. and moldy. Thanksgiving dinner turned out great, and my pie crusts were flaky as hell!



After a couple of weeks of freezing weather I then went to my brother's house in LA for Christmas. The weather there was AMAZING! For Christmas eve we went to the beach and ate pizza where we spent our time playing in the surf and poking hermit crabs. Not traditional, but great all the same. We saw a few movies, visited the Mercedes-Benz Classic Center and ate a lot of great food.

For New Years I was at my other sister's house in Orem. All in all I figure I spent around 42 hours riding in the back of my parents station wagon with my 14 year old brother over the holiday. I may not sign up for that again.


This picture is my parents' new TDI Sportwagen in Ash Springs with my Wagon. Recently I went to Scottsdale, AZ for car auction week. I spent Friday and Saturday at the Gooding & Company auction and it was riot!


This a Ferrari that went for about $6 Million at the auction. After they finished selling their lots on Friday and everybody kind of left there were a few people still hanging around and really giving the remaining cars a good once over. Nobody seemed to be minding much so I TOUCHED EVERYTHING! So much better than any car museum I've been to. Really fun.

New Years Resolutions - So far I've committed to eat more bacon cheeseburgers this year.


I've managed about three a week. So I'd say that's going pretty well so far.


In other news - my stake organized a YSA branch a few weeks ago. I really wasn't planning on going, but I was asked to be the Elders Quorum President so I officially joined the island of misfit toys. It could be worse and even if it gets worse I'm only in it for another year before I graduate the YSA program without honors. Its been an experience so far.

Great movies in the last month (probably in this order):

  • Saving Mr. Banks
  • The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
  • Captain Philips
Frozen was stupid. The only purpose that guys have in Disney movies is to kiss the girl and in this movie they aren't even good for that. In the mean time I'm still spending my time collecting quarters at the laundromat and driving around rural Nevada watching contractors work. Here's to the New Year!


2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the renovations of the house! Wow, you did a lot of traveling over the holidays. You're the first one I've heard of that doesn't like Frozen. We haven't seen it yet. We're cheap and will wait till it's available at Red Box. Are you coming to the reunion this summer?

Elisa said...

I have so many comments.

First, what is your level of experience with HGTV? As a home renovator, I think you need to seriously start studying the network.

Second, "my pie crusts were flaky as hell!" is the most perfect description of a Thanksgiving triumph I've ever read.

Third, I like your New Years resolution. So far the only one I've made is to stay in more/turn down more social invitations. I'm the new Liz Lemon.

Last, I'm going to steal your line about graduating without honors. Just wanted to give you a heads up.