1.16.2012

The Best Tasting Cow

My family buys a cow every year (it arrives in neatly wrapped packages). The cow comes from a friend's farm in southern Idaho. This year I decided to make a call to make sure we got the cow I imaged would taste the best. I wanted the cow that all the other cows wanted to be friends with. In my mind a confident cow would taste so much better than a socially inept cow. So I went about trying to transmit this sentiment to our friend. "Well, we always try to get your family the biggest cow", our friend said in a bewildered tone. Well, unless the fattest cow in barn was also the most popular cow (an unlikely scenario) then I wanted none of it. So I requested a picture. As you can tell, the one staring directly at the camera appears to be the most confident of the remaining three cows. Last year's cow (Patty) tasted alright, but I could tell she wasn't really a crowd pleaser. This year Beefcake the cow should taste delicious.

5 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

You crack me up Nathan! I don't know how I could handle eating a cow while its picture hangs on my fridge. Not that you put its picture on the fridge or anything... But my kids often ask what they are eating....pig, cow, chickens...

Cardiganwearer said...

Oh, it's going on the fridge! I thought I had made that clear.

Jack said...

I agree that socially inept cows probably taste bad. I support your work on the family's behalf to get the best tasting beef possible.

Angela said...

As I have met the cows personally, I can say they all seemed quite likable. I cannot say the same of all previous herds. It isn't my intention to upset you, but the one looking at the camera is also the largest cow of the group. Enjoy those steaks! - Angela

Kendra said...

Youre sadistic. Poor cows. I most definitely don't want to see their sweet faces before eating them.