12.15.2010

More Christmas Than YOU!

Every now and then a great idea comes to you like a bolt of lightning. While the jury may still be out on whether or not this qualifies as one of those lightning bolts of brilliance, I still can't keep from grinning every time I walk out the front door in the morning.

I present to you the first annual Yule-wagen, the Bah Hum-Bug.
 

   Some might be inclined to point out that the house is already encircled by 150 empty milk carton/luminaries and that a rotting VW carcass might just be going a little to far, but I beg to differ. Some months ago I noticed a about six Volkswagens sitting in the equipment yard of one of the contractors that I use. When I pitched the idea of him loaning me one for the holidays he didn't even think twice. His eyes just widened as he exclaimed,"that is the best idea ever!" Not a week later he showed up one evening with a flatbed trailer carrying my Christmas lawn ornament and some heavy machinery to place it. (My parents are just hoping he remembers to come pick it back up after the holidays)

   My father graffiti-ed  the side, some garland and wreaths were graciously donated and a  friend helped string the lights. This much Christmas magic is hard to pass up.


3 comments:

Nostrebor said...

NICE!...I think

Collin and Sara said...

Oh dear, that will be a site to see when I get home next week...

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

LOVE IT! That is so funny Nathan....something that did not surprise me. I am curious though how you got the idea past your parents! Merry Christmas!