4.14.2010

What people in Vermont call "The West"

I am slowly and tentatively exploring the eastern side of the United States. So far I've only seen Chicago and now Missouri. Now, I am well aware that any geographer would be quick to point out both of those aforementioned locations are technically considered the Mid-West, but when you are as far West as Nevada most of the country is "technically" East of you. Hopefully, I will also be in Florida this July for the second to last Shuttle launch, but I digress.

I flew into St. Louis and then drove out to Ft. Leonard Wood to spend the weekend with my Aunt and Uncle and their five kids. (I almost had myself talked into renting a new Camero but I chickened out. At least they finally gave me the new Chevy Malibu that I'd been asking for.) It was exciting and entertaining to say the least. The kids were great, and Missouri was generally flat.

My dynamic duo cousins



For my benefit Clark and Cal are reenacting the time when Cal got his finger stuck in a battle tank.

On the trip back I stopped in St. Louis to go see the Arch and got unknowingly caught up in some of the pre-game crowds of the first Cardinals game of the year.

It was really a great trip in all. I only got mildly lost once. All of my flights were a few minutes early. I got in some golf and was able to reinstate myself as the favorite cousin.

4 comments:

Nostrebor said...

Thanks for coming Nathan! We all enjoying having your here. Hopefully we can get some more Robertson's out here before we move.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

The boys are enjoying the Mike Mulligan book! I didn't know you guys went to the tank park. Guess they told you when Cal stuck his hand in that hole that something bit him, and his hand swelled up! Thanks for coming "East!"

Reed said...

Robertson, I'm glad you made it a little further east. Maybe I didn't understand, but are you saying that you've made your way over to American? A Chevy Malibu, is that right?

Megs said...

Sounds like a lovely trip!